17 March 2021
The meeting place for the electronics and technology industry, EOT – Electronics of Tomorrow, is postponed from June to 31 August – 2 September 2021
Foto from EOT 2019: MCH/Tony Brøchner
Every two years the entire electronics and technology industry gather at EOT to three days with exhibition, networking and conferences in MCH Messecenter Herning. According to the plan EOT should take place again from 1 – 3 June, but in cooperation with the industry and the development group behind EOT, the exhibition is postponed to Autumn, 31 August – 2 September.
EOT is arranged in close cooperation with the industry and the organizations; The Danish Society of Engineers - IDA, the Danish Electronic Association – PE and DI Digital, who support the new date:
- Unfortunately, we do not know how the covid-19 situation looks like in June, but of respect to the members’ exhibition preparations, we believe it is the right time to postpone the exhibition. The industry still wants to meet personally and therefore we are pleased to have found a new date after the summer holidays, says Flemming Jensen, Managing Director, Nohau Denmark A/S, one of the initiators behind EOT and chairman for the Danish Electronic Association – PE.
Bo Lybæk, President & CEO at the Danish electronic company, GPV International A/S and a member of the development group behind EOT also supports the decision:
- For us, EOT has the potential to become the largest electronics exhibition in Northern Europe, therefore we are of course pleased to have found a new date for the exhibition. We participated at EOT in 2019. Here we had a great exhibition with many quality leads, so we look forward to being a part of the exhibition in week 35, if covid-19 allows it, says Bo Lybæk and is supplemented by Finn Yding Sørensen, global head of embedded & digital solutions at DIS – Danish Engineering Solution & Consulting:
- The level of EOT’s conferences are so high that both senior-engineers and decision-makers are visiting the exhibition. It is a place, where you can meet like-minded people and enhance your professional level. Therefore, I am pleased that we maintain the opportunity to meet personally at EOT. For a long time, the industry has not had the opportunity to meet, and thereby EOT will be the first real meeting place for the industry, and I look forward to being a part of it, says Finn Yding Sørensen.
From a visitor’s perspective, they are also pleased about the new dates:
- I do not know any other place in Denmark, where you can find so relevant conferences as at EOT, so I had really looked forward to participating at the exhibition in June. Even though the industry is eager to come out and network and be updated on the latest news and trends, I am, however, convinced that it is the right decision to postpone the exhibition to week 35, says Søren Plagborg, vice president service engineering at KK Wind Solutions.
Looking forward to week 35
The core of EOT is the combination of exhibition, networking and an international conference programme. At the coming exhibition a lot of exciting exhibitors and a multi-tracked conference programme are expected, which among others gives you the opportunity to experience the international LoRaWAN-conference from the acknowledged ‘The Things Conference on Tour’.
- EOT’s job is first and foremost to connect people and industries together with knowledge-sharing, network and business. At the moment, we are in a very special situation where we do not quite have the opportunities for this, and therefore in collaboration with the industry and the development group we have decided to postpone EOT to week 35, says project manager Mona Jakobsen and continues:
- We will be watching the covid-19 situation very closely and will at any time comply with the restrictions and guidelines in force at the time being. Now we look forward to 31 August and to be welcoming you to three days with lots of activities at EOT 2021, says Mona Jakobsen.
EOT – Electronics of Tomorrow will take place from 31 August to 2 September 2021 in MCH Messecenter Herning. At the original dates for EOT, 1-3 June, you can, however, look forward to experiencing a range of online activities, which will be announced regularly at the website. Read more at www.eot-expo.com
EOT – Electronics of Tomorrow is postponed