EOT focuses on sound technology with a new event areaarrow_backTo the overview
15 March 2023
Danish sound technology is truly world-class, and as the sound industry is a major buyer of electronic components, the EOT - Electronics of Tomorrow trade fair is this year expanding with an event area dedicated to sound. The Wave is the name of the area that can be experienced when EOT takes place on 9-11 May 2023 at MCH Messecenter Herning.
Sound and electronics are two closely related concepts in the modern world, and we surround ourselves with both everywhere. For the same reason, it is quite obvious that EOT - Electronics of Tomorrow this year dedicates a large event area to sound - an area showcasing exhibitions, entrepreneurs, examples of sound technology and a conference featuring specific cases and exciting researchers. An area that has been created in collaboration with Danish Sound Cluster and Sound Hub Denmark, and which, with its ambitious format, is generating great enthusiasm at MCH A/S.
- We have observed a great demand for having the sound industry represented at EOT, and we are pleased that with such strong partners we can ensure a high level of professionalism and innovation in this field. Denmark is at the forefront of sound technology, and it is therefore only natural that the industry is represented at EOT, which focuses on the technology of the future, says Christina Rosenlund, Project Manager at MCH A/S.
The new event area will be buzzing with sound, acoustics, technology and innovation, and it has been given the name The Wave, which refers to both sound waves and new trends. All senses will be stimulated in the area, and both established players in the industry and aspiring entrepreneurs on the rise will be present.
Danish Sound Cluster: The sound industry deserves more attention
Danish Sound Cluster is a membership-based association that bridges the gap between companies, entrepreneurs and knowledge institutions with the main purpose of supporting the innovational strength of the Danish sound industry and helping to create more growth in the industry. That is why Danish Sound Cluster is very happy to be a partner at EOT's new event area.
- The Wave highlights the Danish sound industry, which with 50,000 employees deserves a completely different level of attention than it is currently receiving. The industry accounts for four per cent of Danish exports and has an annual turnover of DKK 70 billion, while at the same time crying out for qualified manpower, says Torben Vilsgaard, CEO of Sound Cluster Denmark, and he continues:
- This is why it is very important to create visibility and awareness of the industry and its many attractive jobs. And one of the purposes of The Wave is thus, as far as we are concerned, to clarify what the Danish sound industry is actually capable of. There is a high level of innovation - for instance, the technology used in Danish hearing aids is significantly more advanced than the technology used in many of the tech giants' products.
Sound Hub Denmark: Sound must excite and unfold at EOT
Sound Hub Denmark, the world's first international sound technology and innovation environment for companies and entrepreneurs, also has a clear agenda for the purpose of The Wave exposure.
- We aim to make sound relevant in industries other than the usual ones by inspiring the industries that need sound in their products - and those that don't yet realise that they have a need. In addition, we must spread awareness of how strong Denmark is in the field of sound, states Peter Petersen, CEO of Sound Hub Denmark, and continues:
- Our overall goal is to attract talent and knowledge workplaces to Denmark, and we see EOT as a good opportunity to bring more people here, unfold the sound and stimulate an even greater utilisation of the country's position of strength in sound. This can be done through more cross-sector partnerships, use of world-class facilities and ultimately a physical presence here in Denmark. Innovation, talent development and entrepreneurship, as well as learning communities are at the forefront of our minds.
It is the ambition that with The Wave, EOT will be the permanent meeting place for the sound industry in the future. A place where people can meet, find inspiration, acquire knowledge, see what's new on the market and meet the rest of the electronics industry.
EOT - Electronics of Tomorrow will take place on 9-11 May 2023 at MCH Messecenter Herning.